Wednesday, November 28, 2007




I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!! We had a nice quiet one. I think I am getting more used to being away from family!! It is still hard but we are making our own traditions. So we went around the table and said what we were thankful for. Although we know we are thankful for our family so that couldn't be on that was said!! ( Gee I hope they are thankful for the family I do have 3 teenagers!!)

Jacob started us off 1. Good grades ( because his 2 older siblings are in trouble for bad grades) He says I am thankful to not be in trouble. 2. He was thankful for technology.


Benjamin says. 1. I am thankful for living. 2. He loves that he has his licence ( and that he got it back , since he had it taken away for about 1 month!! No more riding the bus!!! YEE HAA) 3. Oh and for a dad that helped him fix his car after his little adventure and saved him $2400. (I guess no thanks for mom on this one huh???)


Kelsi this one cracked me up, first I must tell you that when she was little going to Payless shoes was like going to Toys R Us for any other child. She could spend hours there. so #1. I am thankful for shoes!!!! 2. She was thankful for all of her friends. 3. For my sister and all her help. ( I was feeling love in my family!!!)


Jessica as she had a cold. Her #1.I am thankful for medication!! 2. water. She loves to drink water. 3. Her talent in cooking ( I think I am more thankful for that than she is )


Richard well we all know Richard has to be funny so his #1 I am thankful for teenagers the next step is adulthood and out of my house!! ( I cry , he parties) 2. for the opportunities that have come to my life such as my wonderful wife living across the street from me all her life. ( I am not sure where he was going with this one )


Debbie 1. I am thankful for the day after Thanksgiving shopping. I love to shop the day after specially when it is raining out side. I love the smell of the street with rain on it. ( oh it didn't rain) 2. I was thankful for a husband that was letting me go shopping the next day ( you all know where I was going with that one. I was working on a higher budget. I think it worked) 3. I am thankful to be skinnier. ( I was saying that as I was stuffing my face with Thanksgiving dinner!!! and it was good)


I hope you all enjoyed your day of Thanksgiving!! Oh and yes all my cards are out!! Yee Haaa!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a great thanksgiving! We, too were away from family--- but I'm not getting used to it!! I did some awesome AFTER Thanksgiving shopping and I am almost done w/ Christmas purchases! WOO HOO!!! Now that's something to cheer about! Got your Christmas card yesterday! Cute card! Miss you guys-- tell everyone hello! Julie Sivley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Richard.... the countdown is ON! Kayla graduates in 1 year and 5 months. One almost down 3 to go :)
    PS: I love my teenagers
    Glad to hear you had a great Thanksgiving and even though your card wasn't the day after it was still the first one :)

    ReplyDelete